The Tifton campus was established in 1918 as the Coastal Plain Experiment Station. It offers undergraduate completion programs for transfer students and graduate degree programs under the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences.

The campus is also home to the National Environmentally Sound Production Agriculture Laboratory, a collaborative, interdisciplinary research program that develops agricultural methods that safeguard natural resources. The UGA Extension Southwest District office, the Rural Development Center and the Tifton Campus Conference Center also are major parts of the campus.

On Second Reference

UGA-Tifton.

CapitalizationUGA Campuses

Always use the word “the” with the noun “University of Georgia,” except in lists of institutions. When “University of Georgia” is an adjective, “the” is not needed.

The university’s main and health sciences campuses are located in Athens. The university also has extended campuses in Tifton and Griffin and Gwinnett County. The Terry College of Business has an extended campus in Atlanta for three MBA programs.

On Second Reference

UGA or the university.

CapitalizationUGA Campuses

The University of Georgia offers several graduate degree programs, as well as continuing education, at the campus, located at 2530 Sever Road in Lawrenceville, just off Interstate 85 at the Old Peachtree Road exit. 

On Second Reference

UGA-Gwinnett.

CapitalizationUGA Campuses

Degree-completion programs have been offered at the Griffin campus since 2005. Additional undergraduate programs, as well as graduate programs, have been added in recent years.

Located 40 miles south of Atlanta, the Griffin campus was established in 1888 as the Georgia Experiment Station.

On Second Reference

UGA-Griffin.

CapitalizationUGA Campuses

The abbreviation is no longer U.Ga.

UGA—all capital letters with no periods between them—is now the preferred abbreviation for University of Georgia.

AbbreviationsUGA Campuses

Located on Prince Avenue in Athens, this 56-acre campus houses two primary occupants: the College of Public Health and the AU/UGA Medical Partnership. It officially opened for classes in fall 2012.

The campus was formerly the site of the U.S. Navy Supply Corps School.

On first reference, use the full name, “UGA Health Sciences Campus.” The campus may be referred to as the “HSC” on second reference. It should never be referred to as a “medical campus,” as it is much more; its mission is health sciences.

Buildings and LocationsUGA Campuses