The Tifton campus was established in 1918 as the Coastal Plain Experiment Station. It offers undergraduate completion programs for transfer students and graduate degree programs under the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences.
The campus is also home to the National Environmentally Sound Production Agriculture Laboratory, a collaborative, interdisciplinary research program that develops agricultural methods that safeguard natural resources. The UGA Extension Southwest District office, the Rural Development Center and the Tifton Campus Conference Center also are major parts of the campus.
On Second Reference