The building, formerly known as East Village Commons, houses the primary food service facilities for students living in East Campus Village. The building also includes spaces for meetings and student activities, commissary and production facilities to support food venues, and offices of university parking services.
It is named for Joe Frank Harris, who served two terms as governor of Georgia from 1983 to 1991. Harris, who earned a business administration degree from UGA in 1958, instituted the Quality Basic Education program, created the Georgia Research Consortium and boosted state funding for education by $2 billion.
On Second Reference